- Global Smartphone penetration in developing world to increase to 50%
- People want a single phone, not one for work & one for personal
- Windows Mobile needs to move to another level - MS want to put the full Windows experience on a phone.
- Make phone unique to the individual
- A Windows phone which meets everyones needs.
- End to end connectivity experience
- What are now being called Windows Phones.
- 1st announcement: Windows Phones will run the Windwos Mobile 6.5 Operating System
- It's not how the phone works by itself but how it combines with PC and Internet
- 2nd announcement : MyPhone - web backup of device settings & storage
- 3rd Announcement : Windows Marketplace - freedom & convenience to allow developers to distribute apps
- "Windows Phone" is a "Strategy"
- "Your life in your pocket"
- Improved Finger navigation
- Latest IE Browser? - but what is it really? Pocket IE 6? More than what's on 6.1.4 (gestures)
- WM6.5 = 1st generation Windows Phone
- Time, appointments & notifications on the lock screen
- Same experience as on Windows PC???
- Gestures in IE
- Trying to create exact same browser experience on Phone & PC
New HTC devices: Touch Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2 - free upgrade to WM6.5 when available. (Subject to operator support no doubt!)
LG & MSFT R&D partnership
MSFT - very committed to mobile computing.
All devices - at least 3 buttons: windows button, call & hangup
Professional, Standard, Classic names to go.!?
WM7 not on the same time frame as Window7